2nd Annual Sufferlandrian National Day of Suffering – March 30th
You have Suffered for months. Often alone. You push yourself to dark places. You fly with Angels. You feel the fury. You are not alone. And so it’s that time of year again. A celebration of all things Sufferlandrian.
Chamois Dancing. Pain Shakes. Suits of Armour. Jokes about Grunter von Agony. Shredded Chamois Throwing. And, of course, Suffering.
There are Sufferlandrians everywhere….more of them discovering their new Nationality every day. There are probably – shudder – some of them in your town. It’s time to meet them at the 2nd Annual Sufferlandrian National Day: The Day of Suffering – a day to celebrate our spiritual home of pain, misery, agony and IWBMATTKYT.
The Day of Suffering is March 3oth/March 31st (whichever day works best for you).
We need organisers who will seek out fellow Sufferlandrians in their town and get them together. As an organiser you just need to:
- Make a post to our Facebook event page here and say you’re organising an event in your town.
- We’ll put the call out to other Sufferlandrians that might be in your town to join you. We’ll also post all towns and organisers on our blog so folks can get in touch.
- Figure out what to do on the National Day of Suffering. Activities for the National Day of Suffering can be just about anything, but we have some recommendations:
- An attempt at Sufferlandrian Knighthood – That’s right. 10 Sufferfest videos back-to-back in one day. What could be more glorious for Sufferlandrian National Day? If you do attempt this, it’s always great to do it for charity if you can. The rules for attaining Knighthood are here. We’ll set up a little chat group featuring a panel of our current Knights to pass along some wisdom.
- Otherwise, the event can be whatever the organiser wishes. Ride, group turbo session, watch a bike race, have a bbq, drink at a bar, whatever. However, some sort of suffering must be involved. This is only right. Tales of HONOR, GLORY AND VICTORY are required, preceded, of course, by stories of endless suffering.
Like any good National Day Event, we’ll have prizes. All those who participate (including organisers) in the National Day of Suffering by confirming their attendance here on FB and putting up at least one photo and comment on the day saying what they are doing) will be put into a pool. Names will be drawn from the pool to win one of:
- 3 Sufferfest Jerseys
- 2 Sufferfest Windvests
- 3 Sufferfest Flags
- 5 Sufferfest video gift certificates
- 10 Sufferfest Decal Packs
- 10 Sufferfest temporary tattoo packs
- 6 different items from Revelo recycled cycling accessories
We also have two prizes to draw from for organisers (organisers are, by the way, also included in the pool of participants):
- A complete Sufferfest National Team Kit (Jersey, bibshorts, arm warmers, vest)
- Sufferfest flag, decals and tattoos
UPDATED LIST OF TOWNS & ORGANISERS HOSTING INTERNATIONAL DAY OF SUFFERING EVENTS
- Arvada, CO, USA – David Justus
- Melbourne, Australia – David McQuillen (Twitter @thesufferfest)
- Sierra Madre, California, USA – Leah Davis
- Singapore – Scott Kuegler
- Salt Lake City, Utah, USA – Justin Barrett
- Vienna, Austria – Kai Gruenenwald
- Mittelbrunn, Germany – Mariah LeBlanc
- Regina, Canada – Terry Lazarou (Sportstogo.ca)
- Richaland, WA, USA – Buzz Vickery
- Karlstad, Sweden – Jonas Evaldsson
If you’d like to organise an event, just let me know and we’ll put your name down so other Sufferlandrians can find you (david @ thesufferfest . com)