You’ve never really been one for hanging out in the pack. You need – you ARE – the escape artist. You crave the sensation of joy as your freedom is granted and the gap grows. And you fear that sinking feeling of desperation as you try to hold on to the line as the pack chases you down. Hope. Honor. Glory. Featuring officially licensed footage from the Tour de Suisse and Tour de Romandie, The Hunted takes you through it all as you try to break – and stay – free. Can you ride above yourself to victory?
- 6:30 warm-up: Gradually up the pace over the intro, featuring footage from a group ride in California, and some pack riding in the Tour de Suisse.
- :30 attack: A violent effort to get away from the complacent peloton.
- 5:00 solo-breakaway tempo riding: You’ll ride at effort level 7/10 with Marco Pinotti as he plows through the TT course of the Tour of Romandie.
- 20:00 climb: Caught by the group, you’ll start a long, difficult climb and try to stay with Robert Gesink over the top.
- 4:00 downhill: This isn’t a time to rest…especially when you’re solo trying to hold off the chasers! You’ll take the resistance off but you’ll ramp that cadence up to 115+ to train some fast pedaling technique.
- 5:00 small group: Caught by three other riders, you’ll swap off the front in a small breakaway as you hurtle toward the finish line, while the pack looms behind.
- 5:00 inverse intervals: As you’re the sort who goes for the big glory, you’ll attempt to attack (again and again) and shed your breakaway companions. This is probably the most awful 5:00 you’ll ever ride.
- ?: It wouldn’t be the ‘fest if there wasn’t a small (small) sting in the tail now, would it?
- 4:00 warm-down